Friday, March 30, 2012

10 Things About Me (in honor of my 1 year Blogiversary!!)

January 28, 2012 marked my 1 year Blogiversary!! I don't know if any of you keep track of when you started blogging, but this has been a very fun year for me! I have really enjoyed having a space where I can be creative! I know this started out primarily as a blog about my baking, but once Little K was born, I didn't always have the time (or energy) to bake.... or to fight with him to stop trying to hang on the oven door! Apparently that is great fun! hahaha :) I have enjoyed sharing my love of all crafts with you. I thought I would put together a list of 10 things about me to help you all get to know better. I encourage you all to the same (if you haven't already!), I would love to get to know all of you better.


1. Family
My husband, Big K, Little K, and baby #3 (who is due May 31 and doesn't have a name yet) are my world!! They make me so happy and I could not imagine my life without any of them!

2. Photography
Photography was my love before the hubby and kids ever came into my life! It often gets put on the back burner to life, but I love taking pictures! It is what I went to college for, and I would still LOVE to start my own photography business one day!

3. Baking
I love to bake! I am not a really good cook, but I am pretty good at baking! I do not bake near as often as I would like to, but I find a certain joy in sharing baked goods with people.

4. Turkey Hill Diet Iced Tea
If you have never had any, you have never had tea! My goodness! I have a serious addiction to the stuff! For those of you that do not know, Turkey Hill is a local company to the area that I live. They make drinks - teas, lemonades, fruit drinks along with milk and ice cream. We drink their milk, and buy their ice cream as well. I cannot go a day without drinking their Diet Iced Tea! I used to drink the regular tea, but the store was out. So, I bought the diet. I just like the taste better. It has been over 10 years now, and I haven't gone a whole day without it! If I try, I get awful headaches! It is terrible!

5. Lip Smackers
My chap stick!! I don't go anywhere without it! I always have a tube with me in my pocket. I feel lost without it!

6. Coffee
I love my coffee with cream and sugar. My favorite creamer is Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice.  It is, however a seasonal flavor and cannot always get it. I really like their Caramel Macchiato. I am actually a Coffee-Mate Brew Crew member. Check out my post. I am so glad that I get to share my love of Coffee-Mate with everyone else! :) I can't wait to be able to drink coffee again! I have cut back to about 2 cups a week during my pregnancy.... boy do I miss drinking coffee everyday!

7. Knitting
I have been knitting since the 4th grade. I tend to take looonnng breaks from knitting. The kids seem to think the yarn is a fun toy. If it's a ball of yarn, Little K takes it and throws it across the room. It is relaxing and I enjoy giving my friends and family homemade gifts for the holidays.

8. Scrapbooking / Card Making
I think these 2 go hand-in-hand... I do not scrapbook very often, and when I do, I end up making individual pages that never seem to make it to an album. I love making my own cards! It is so much nicer than buying pre-made cards. It's much more personal.

9. Gardening
We have a very large garden.... 3 of them, actually. We have a fruit garden that has strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, a variety of raspberries (red and yellow), black raspberries, gooseberries, currants, and a few others. We have a vegetable garden that we plant broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, potatoes, corn, all kinds of things. We are still trying different things in our vegetable garden to see what grows best in our soil. Our last garden area is our melon garden. This is where our plants that grow on vines go - mainly watermelons and cantaloupes - because they tend to take over! This year, we will be cutting back on the vegetable garden. Between my husband's work schedule, and the baby due to arrive right before summer, neither one of us will have much time to really take care of the garden.

10. Sight Seeing
I love to go on drives with my family to see new things. Even if we go somewhere we have been before, you always see something new every time you go. It is always so much fun to show the kids some of our favorite places. Kids always see things different than adults and have a way of pointing out new things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment