Thursday, March 8, 2012

Unusual Home Habits?

Recently, I read this article about unusual home habits. While reading the list, I thought that some weren't so unusual... we do them too! I just wanted to find out if any of you have any habits that you do in your household that others think are strange or unusual.


Here are a few things we do in our house that make family (and friends) give us funny looks:

1. We come into the house through our laundry room, not the through the front door.

2. We do not wear shoes in our house. They stay in the laundry room.
(You would be surprised at the number of people who do not respect our wishes to have shoes removed before entering the main part of the house!)

3. We wash our hands upon entering the house. Kids touch everything when you are at a store. Even if my kids didn't touch anything, I know that other people (and their kids) did touch most of what I had to touch.

4. We have "around the house clothes" that we change into when we are home. They are sort of like pajamas, but they aren't. We wear comfortable clothes while we are at home, usually sweatpants and a sweatshirt or something. The kids dirty clothes get taken off and then they don't track dirt all through the house.


5. If any of us get new clothes, I wash them before we wear them. This also includes hand-me-downs. (A lot of people think we are strange for doing this.)


I have other "weird" quirks... like all of my hangers have to be facing the same directions. All shirts/pants/underwear -whatever- has to be folded a certain way... OR I have to re-fold it! I know that there are a lot of other people in the world that like things done a certain way in their house. I do not see anything wrong with that.

I do find it very tiresome to fight with company to do things our way in our house. We have family that come over and try to tell our children that they are / are not allowed to do something different than our rules. It is always a fight when you want something done your way.


I just found the article to be very interesting. It made me think that there are probably lots of people in this world that like to have things done a certain way. I'd like to hear if any of you have any unusual home habits that you do..... I know that I can't be the only one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment