Friday, March 16, 2012

Crock Pot Recipe - Pulled Beef BBQ - with pictures

**I updated this one to add pictures, but I left the original post in case anyone wants to print out just the recipe.**


Lisa's Pulled Beef BBQ

This recipe is super easy! It only uses a few ingredient, too!

Ingredients:

2-3 lb roast (we prefer a bolar roast, but usually will get what's on sale)
1-2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
Onion sliced (optional)
Sliced cheese (optional)
Rolls
White rice (optional)

Directions:

I turn the crock pot on low for 8-9 hours. Put in a little bit of the sauce and if you plan to use onions, I put them in now. I trim any excess fat off of the roast before I put it in the crock pot. If it's too big, I cut it into bigger pieces to put it in. Then, cover it with more BBQ sauce. When there is only about an hour or so left, take out the roast and pull it apart using two forks. Then, put it back in the crock pot. If needed, add a little more sauce. Once it is finished cooking, the two ways that I serve it are: as a sandwich with cheese and over white rice.

You can substitute the beef for pork. I have also cleaned out the fridge of sauces when I make this. Sometimes we try a new sauce that we don't really care for, so I add it in. This is good all year round!

Enjoy! :)

Now for the pictures:
Only 1 of the pictures would load the right direction.... I am really not sure how to fix this. :/ So, I am sorry if you have to turn your head to look at these!
This is what I started out with. A roast that is a little over 2 lbs. and  a 40 oz bottle of our favorite BBQ sauce. (This is a large bottle - and I did NOT use the entire thing.)

I lined the bottom of the crock with the BBQ sauce.

Added the roast.

Covered with more BBQ sauce.

I'm pretty sure this picture was taken about half-way through when I flipped the roast over. (I like to make sure it is all coated with the sauce.)

When I shred it, I use a fork and my Pampered Chef Hold and Slice (at least that is what I think it's called). I have found that this is the perfect tool to hold the bulk of the meat while I shred with the fork. I also like to finely shred it.

I put it all back in the crock and mix it well. I let it in there about 30 minutes before serving.

Doesn't this look delicious?? I mix it right before serving.


This is how we like to enjoy this meal. White rice, the Pulled Beef BBQ and topped with shredded cheese! :)  You could also enjoy this in sandwich form. We like to have this as left overs, so the rice helps to stretch it a little bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment