Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chicken, Noodle & Broccoli Alfredo

This is another favorite in our house. I started making it a few months back when the hubby was working second shift. I needed quick and easy meals that the kids would actually eat. All of the ingredients are listed in the title of the recipe! It is THAT simple!


Ingredients:

1 box of noodles (I use Barilla Picoolini Mini Pipe Carrots and Squash - it has a full serving of veggies)
1 - 16 oz jar of alfredo sauce (I like Great Value brand Classic Alfredo)
1 steamer bag of  broccoli (We prefer Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Broccoli Florets)
Popcorn Chicken - we use Perdue, and I use probably 5-6 pieces per person (depending on the size pieces)


Directions:

Cook the noodles per the box directions.
Once you get the water on, put the chicken in the oven / toaster oven. (I use our toaster oven for this small amount of food.)
Half-way through, put the bag of broccoli in the microwave.
Open the jar of sauce and dump into a bowl big enough to combine all ingredients. I always add seasoning to our sauce - black pepper, white pepper, nutmeg, rosemary, celery powder, curry powder, a dash of Mrs. Dash Original Blend seasoning.
Once things are finished cooking - add the broccoli to the sauce, mix well.
Drain the noodles ( it is okay if you don't get all of the water out), and add the noodles to the sauce and broccoli.


Now for some pictures! :)

The box of noodles and the jar of sauce that I used.

This is one of our favorite vegetables! Not only for this meal... the broccoli is very delicious! :)

I pour the sauce into a big bowl while everything else is cooking.

I add some of our favorite seasonings to the sauce, and mix well.

The noodles are just about done...

When the broccoli is finished, I open the bag and dump it into the sauce.

When the noodles are done, I drain most of the water out. If a little water gets mixed in, it's okay. Mix everything together really well.

It's time to plate this yummy meal! :)

We top with cheese and popcorn chicken.



This is a quick, simple, and delicious meal! This is a family favorite! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment