Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pay It Forward - Part 2

**This is a 6 part mini-series of posts.**


This one has been my favorite gift that I have made so far! My family LOVES when I bake goodies... but I haven't much energy to do much baking lately. Participating in the 'Pay It Forward' has given me a good reason to bake something yummy! I had found a recipe on Pinterest that I was really looking forward to trying... I just needed the perfect reason time to make it! While on Pinterest, I found a picture of Krispy Kreme Cupcakes. In the right-hand corner, you will see a link for where the Pinterest post came from.  For the recipe, please, go here . It is posted on another web page, and I want to make sure that I give credit to every place that I visited to make these cupcakes!


{ I know... Pinterest can be very confusing if you have never used it before. It can also be very addicting! There are a TON of great ideas on there!}



Krispy Kreme Cupcakes - in pictures








My glaze (frosting) did not turn out quite the way theirs did, and I am not sure why. It was very delicious, but mine didn't dry white like the ones in the pictures.


I am pretty sure I got 13 or 14 cupcakes out of this recipe. I shared 6 with my friend and her family as my 'Pay It Forward' gift, and I kept the others for my family. They were gone within a few days! The first batch wasn't even gone yet and Big K was begging for more!

The other part of her gift was two handmade cards. For whatever the reason they keep trying to load sideways ..... which is very, very frustrating. So, I am not going to keep fighting with this thing to get them loaded the correct way.



**Thanks for following this mini-series of posts! I hope that I have inspired some of you to get to creative and make something handmade for your family and / or friends!



To see the other posts in this mini-series, you can check out these links:

Pay It Forward 2012 - Initial Post

Pay It Forward - Post 1

No comments:

Post a Comment