Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pay It Forward - Part 1

**This is a 6 part mini-series of posts.**



Part of 1 of my 'Pay It Forward' posts



The first of my handmade items is this scarf that I knitted.  This is the first thing that I have knitted in many, many years! I am more or less a self-taught knitter. I learned to knit when I was in the fourth grade. My best friend, who lived across the street, learned the basics and then taught me. The only problem is, I never learned how to do anything other than cast on and do the basic knit stitch. Learning to read patterns and how to cast off took me quite awhile. It was quite a different time back then. This was before we had the internet. We didn't even have a computer yet! Could you imagine not having the internet? Do you remember before you had a computer or the internet? Let me just say, finding information back them was much more difficult!



The yarn that I used is a pretty purple color that has a little sparkle to it. I absolutely love this yarn! It is something that I have had in my yarn bag for quite a long time. I don't remember where I got it, but it has to be one of my favorites!









**Thanks for following this mini-series of posts! I hope that I have inspired some of you to get to creative and make something handmade for your family and / or friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment