Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Blog Goals for 2012

I am not one to do a New Year's resolution, but I do try to set short-term goals through out the year.

My blog goals for the next few months are:


 - Learn how to use my blog better
        - I struggle trying to figure out how to do certain things on here.


 - Learn how to make a button for my blog
              


 - Make time to post
      - I spend quite a lot of time planning my posts, and don't want my posts to seem "thrown together" or "rushed" in any way. I find it to be less distracting to try and type (and edit) during nap time or after the kids are in bed.


 - Organize the thoughts / ideas I have for my posts
         - This idea actually came from Pinterest . (I wanted to link to the actual blog, but it appears i didn't save the link.) I didn't print out the form that I had found. I actually just used it as an idea to make my own. I made my version in Excel. I did a weekly page along with a monthly page. The monthly page is more or less an over-view of what I would like to post about. I have a spot for celebrations that take place through the month to remind me of any holidays or birthdays. The weekly page lets me keep my "To Do" list right there with my blog ideas. I have been doing this for about a week now, and it has definitely changed the way I manage my time. I have my to do list, list of post ideas, a place for ideas for future posts, and a place to write any goals for the week.




I really enjoy sharing my thoughts with all of you. If there is anything that you do or do not like about my blog, please let me know! I know that there is a lot that I can improve on. I would like for my family / friends / readers to want to visit my posts. Let me know what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment