Wednesday, September 14, 2011

K-Y Intimacy Experiment Day 4 - Outside the Comfort Zone


**This series of posts is intended to be read by those who are 18 and older. So, if you are under 18, please leave this post now. Thank you!**



Day 4 - Outside the Comfort Zone



Today is all about exploring the boundaries of our comfort zones.

The day time exercise was more or less a "check list" of obstacles that describe our life. A few examples on the list are:

- Sleep with kids or pets in your bed or bedroom
- Have (and use) a television, computer or smartphone in your bedroom
- Leave the door open while in the bathroom
- Sometimes skip basic hygiene (bathing, brushing your teeth, shaving, etc.) because you're too tired, lazy, or think your partner doesn't care

Now, if you are like us, we are guilty of doing a few of the things on the list. This was not always the case, though. In the beginning, neither one of us would have ever thought about doing any of these things!


The evening exercise is all about the exact thing I am most uncomfortable with - my own nudity. The book says to sit on the couch completely naked and watch a movie together. While both are kids are home, we sent them to bed, put on the television and did what the book said.

While we are very comfortable with each other in most aspects of our relationship... I am not comfortable with nudity.... specifically my own. My body has changed quite a lot in the last 5 years. I had our oldest son almost 9 years ago, and by the time he was 3 months old, I was skinnier than I was before I got pregnant with him. I basically maintained that weight and figure until I went back to work when our son was 3. I got a job at an office where I sat for 10-12 hours a day. Over the course of the next 3 years I gained about 20 lbs. Then, came pregnancy # 2. He just turned a year old and I am not quite back at my pre-pregnancy weight.


Bonus Entries for the Giveaway (original post):
Ends 9/30/11 @ 9pm est. Must a US resident 18 and older to enter.
*Please leave a comment for each and don't forget to leave your email address!*


- 2 entries - Has your body changed since being with your partner? Are you comfortable in your own skin?

Did you miss a post?
K-Y Intimacy Experiment - original post
Day 1 - Love Nest
Day 2 - It's Not Just About Sex
Day 3 - Everything Old is New Again


I wrote this posting while participating in a blog campaign on behalf of K-Y® Brand and also received product samples to help facilitate my review

No comments:

Post a Comment