Friday, July 29, 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

I recently purchased a really neat cookbook from Big Lots. It's Paula Deen's Cookbook For The Lunch-Box Set. 


The first recipe I wanted to try was the Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins recipe. I still had some delicious blueberries from the farm in my fridge.  

The book is set up for kids to be able to help. This is the page that shows all of the tools and ingredients that you need.

Here is the recipe. It wasn't too difficult, but it wasn't like any other recipe that I had made before. I don't do much with buttermilk.


I took pictures of all of the steps along the way. Maybe it was too much, but it was fun! I used 2 cups of blueberries and 2 tsp vanilla instead of what the recipe called for. I thought the extra blueberries would be good. We love vanilla in our house, so I add extra to everything!





Coating the blueberries with the dry ingredients.

Mixing the wet ingredients.

 Putting the wet ingredients into the "well" of the dry ingredients.


The batter is mixed well.

I used a 1/3 cup (per the directions) to get the batter into the muffin pan.

Almost finished.

The muffins baking beautifully in the oven.

Don't they look delicious??



This one had an "accident" so it was the first one to be eaten! It was nice and warm and fresh from the oven! Yummy!!



These were some of the best blueberry muffins that I have ever had! The next time I make them, I don't think I will add quite so many blueberries...maybe stick to what the recipe calls for. My husband was a big fan of how I made them. Both kids loved them too!

1 comment: