Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day Treats ~ part 2

Yesterday it dawned on me that there are 7 days left until Valentine's Day! 7 days!! I have so many things that I have to get done for Valentine's Day! I still have 25+ lollipops to make for my son's Valentine's Party..I have to make either a cake or cupcakes for my anniversary.. plus I am making the Spring Chicks pops from Bakerella's Cake Pop book for Friday. I love baking, but it isn't always easy when you have a 6 month old who only wants his Mommy to hold him. Tonight my Mom came over to sit with baby K while big K and I worked on his lollipops. Here are a few pictures:
He was working very hard to get the finer details perfect!
He was really concentrating! :)
For being an 8 year old boy who has never done anything like this before he did great!
Finishing up his last lollipop for the evening.
My bottle that had the red chocolate started leaking out the bottom! Big K was so upset! I had just refilled it for him, and then had to stop for the day.
Here are finished product:
Big K's turned out GREAT! I think he said his favorite one is the pink one with white dots.
(not sure why it uploaded the picture sideways...it's not like that on my computer.)
The ones that I did to show him how to do it. He picked out the colors and I showed him how to use the molds, bottles, lollipop sticks, etc to put together the lollipops.
We had a ton of fun making these!! I think if we decide to do them in the future, I'll try and have more molds. The kit came with these 2 for lollipops and 1 that makes lips and hearts that are solid chocolate. 7 at a time just seems to take forever ... I have to do it in multiple days. I put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes (depending on how busy I get with the kids) to make sure they are completely hardened. I, then, bagged them and tied them up! :)
Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment