Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On March 6, 2011, my little sister and her husband will be celebrating their one year wedding anniversary!! I made both cakes for her wedding shower. It was the first time I had made cakes for anyone. I used my Wilton 9" round cake pans. I also followed the recipes on the Wilton site for their Red Velvet Cake and Buttercream icing.

(pictured above)

I also followed their Yellow Cake and Chocolate Buttercream icing recipes. (pictured below)
I didn't know how to decorate them, so I used cookie cutters and gently pressed them into the icing. I then took some flavored buttercream and put it in a piping bag and traced the outlines. The LOVE cookie cutters were actually her shower favors. The hearts were favors that I had gotten from my cousin's bridal shower.
I'm sorry for the aweful quality of the pictures... they were taken with a cell phone camera. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures before they were gobbled up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment