Friday, October 21, 2011

Crock Pot Recipe - Pulled Beef BBQ

Lisa's Pulled Beef BBQ

This recipe is super easy! It only uses a few ingredient, too!

Ingredients:

2-3 lb roast (we prefer a bolar roast, but usually will get what's on sale)
1-2 bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce
Onion sliced (optional)
Sliced cheese (optional)
Rolls
White rice (optional)

Directions:

I turn the crock pot on low for 8-9 hours. Put in a little bit of the sauce and if you plan to use onions, I put them in now. I trim any excess fat off of the roast before I put it in the crock pot. If it's too big, I cut it into bigger pieces to put it in. Then, cover it with more BBQ sauce. When there is only about an hour or so left, take out the roast and pull it apart using two forks. Then, put it back in the crock pot. If needed, add a little more sauce. Once it is finished cooking, the two ways that I serve it are: as a sandwich with cheese and over white rice.

You can substitute the beef for pork. I have also cleaned out the fridge of sauces when I make this. Sometimes we try a new sauce that we don't really care for, so I add it in.  This is good all year round!

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment