Friday, October 21, 2011

Crock Pot Recipe - My Chili

Another family favorite in my house over Fall / Winter is Chili. It something that I make at least every other week if not every week.

Lisa's Crock Pot Chili

Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 - 6oz can of Tomato Paste
1 - 8oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 - 15.5oz can of Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 - 15.5oz can of Light Red Kidney Beans
1 - 15.5oz can of Mexican Style Chili Hot Beans
Seasonings: Chili Powder, Hot Mexican Chili Powder, Pepper (black and white), Curry, Celery Powder... it varies from one time to the next what I use.

Directions:

If I have already made my Vegetable Soup, then my ground beef is already cooked and seasoned. I find it easier to cook it all at once and then divide it up for the two meals.

If I am starting the Chili from scratch, then I start by browning the beef. I use curry, celery powder, and pepper to season the beef. Then, I turn on the crock pot and set it to low for 6-7 1/2 hours (depending on what time I start it). I add all of the cans of beans and the Tomato Sauce and the Tomato Paste, the beef and the seasonings. I also add a little bit of water. I usually fill a can with water and add that at the end. Then, I mix it all together. I stir it every so often and try to taste test it and add more seasonings if necessary. When it's done, I serve it topped with shredded cheese. You can also serve it with rice or a baked potato. 

Enjoy! :)



Updated to add pictures:

Since I am adding these after the fact, I just decided to put them all at the end.








Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment