Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Crafty Post - Minnie Happy Birthday Card

My Dad recently asked if I could make a special handmade birthday card for his girlfriend. He told me that her favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse and her favorite color is blue. So, armed with those two things, I came up with this really neat birthday card! This design took me days to come up with, and then another couple of days to figure out how to execute, but I think it turned out fantastic! What do you guys think??

I love receiving cards from my family and friends. I love knowing that they took the time to go to the store and pick out a card just for me! Then, I ALWAYS feel guilty when I want to throw the card away. I mean, I can't possibly save every card that everyone gives me, right?? So, when I make a card (or gift) for someone, I always try to be that one thing that they WANT to keep and display or put in their scrapbook or memories box. For this card, I took it one step further.... I made a card that can be displayed as it is or it can be separated into a card and a magnet. That is right... the Minnie Mouse is a magnet, that can actually be removed from the card! I love this card so much! 


I have a punch (by EK Success) that I used for the "balloons". I punched them in different colors and layered them. Some have pop-dots (or some form of pop-dots) to give it some dimension. 





The "Happy Birthday" is from the Cricut cartridge Create A Critter. It is the phrase for the cat. I painted it with nail polish, and then went back over it with a glitter nail polish. It is also raised with two layers of my pop dots.




Minnie is from the Cricut cartridge Mickey and Friends





I would love to hear what you all think about this card. I am open to any and all feedback. If anyone would like a more detailed explanation or a walk through of  how I made this card, please feel free to let me know.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment