Monday, August 22, 2011

Good-bye Summer...

As summer comes to an end, I feel like I will finally be able to catch up on all of the blogs that I have been meaning to write and post. My kids keep me very busy!
My oldest starts school next week. We have really enjoyed spending the summer together. This summer has been very different than summers in the past. My husband works 4 nights a week vs. 6-7 days a week. That has given us 3 full days to spend together. For the past few weeks, Tuesdays have been our "Family Fun Day". We have done all sorts of things for Family Fun Day.... mini golf, a nice long drive, a trip to Cabelas, a few day trips to local towns, a nice hike, anything that the kids might enjoy. I plan to blog about a few of them. I always carry my camera around, but I often forget to charge the battery. (It is a common problem that I have, but I never seem to remember until the next time I need the camera.)

It has been a great summer for us! We have made a lot of great memories that I hope the kids will carry with them. We didn't get to go on a big exciting vacation, but we spent a lot of quality time together.

Have you enjoyed your summer? Did you go on any family vacations? Are your children getting ready to start school?


No comments:

Post a Comment